Friday, August 5, 2011

Title, Time, and Thoughts

Good afternoon! What a beautiful day it is today!

Well, firstly (...and Andrew Pudewa says not to use that word...oh well...), I should take care of some business. I changed the title! Hurrah! Shocking, I know, but I needed something fresh and more Amy-ish. So, this blog will now be referred to as "Amy's Scribbles." Exciting! (yes, I am easily excited).

As to what has been happening in Amy-world, my sister, Ally, and my niece, Emma, are here for a visit! (My apologies for all those commas). I am so excited that they are here!! It has been quite wonderful so far :) They arrived last Saturday, and they will be flying home on Tuesday. It has gone by too quickly. Emma is growing up so fast; I can hardly believe my eyes.

You know that sense of awe? The one you get when you realize how big God is, and how small we are. And yet, His great love for us. That sense of awe. I was filled with this awe the other day in the car with Emma. I just sat there next to her. She was sitting there looking up at me with those beautiful, brown eyes while playing with my hands. God is so great and mighty, and yet, He loves us so much that He knits us together cell by cell. My mind is in danger of exploding when I even try to grasp the biological complexity of life.

I am ashamed to admit that I often just go through my daily life without stopping and looking at the sky. The sky, or the trees, or the water that runs down my sink when I'm brushing my teeth. And I don't mean to just see these things, but to really look.

I hope to encourage you. When you are done reading this post, go outside and look. Go look, ponder, and wonder. Let us always strive for being in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment